Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!!!




Normally I would not draw attention to myself. However, I have decided to join others I know in making a family journal. I had no idea you can print your blog into a book. I love this idea especially after Grandpa Harward (my Oregon Grandpa), printed a book of his memories. I love it. Also when my Mom died, I found some of her thoughts on paper and it is a cherished item. So here we go....! I just celebrated my 39th birthday. Wooo hooo!!!!


The day started out when Ward gave me a kiss good bye during my lovely slumber and also wished me a Happy Birthday. Then I received a text from Morgan (as she was already on the bus to school). I decided when I went downstairs to do Sara and Hailey's hair that I would sing Happy Birthday to me. Right away they wished Mommy a Happy Birthday and giggled that I would sing to myself. Next it was time to head to work. As you guessed I received many wishes there too, with the nurse manager singing "You say it's your birthday!" every time she saw me.

As I drove up to the house after work, I saw a huge sign that said "Happy Birthday Mom!" then again in the house was another banner and a very special cake made by my girls and a few of their friends. At that point the day went into total overload. The girls were really excited it was my birthday. Why? I have no clue. We went to In and Out for dinner, and my cousin Michelle came over with her kids and a specially made lemon cream pie. YUMMMMY! My Brother also showed up and the day ended with me heading over to our neighbors house to help her set up for the new Pre-school. Wow what a loaded day. At any rate it was wonderful with lots of birthday wishes from all over the world.


I took pics of my gifts. You will notice an ARMY t-shirt. I have been wanting and ARMY hoodie. Ward has one that says MARINES and it is really cozy. Now i have plenty of people I know in the army but most importantly my cousin is in the ARMY so I have to have an ARMY sweatshirt. Of course there were none so I settled for a t-shirt. My thanks and love go out to my cousin who is out in the field and working hard for us. Thanks Ron! TTFN

1 comment:

JoJo and Ralph said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! What is better than In and Out on your b-day? How fun that your family was so excited for you. Wait until next year the BIG 4-0. There will be celebrations a plenty.