Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tie Dye Family Night


For Family Night, Hailey taught us how to tie dye an really simple way. We had a lot of fun! Here is how you do it.




Items you will need:

Lg rubber bands

Sharpie markers in a variety of colors

Rubbing Alcohol

droppers ( you can by ear droppers at wal mart)
Plastic disposable cups (we used small ones)

White T-Shirts







Pick an area of the shirt, put the cup between the shirts back and front, and put the rubber band over it. Draw whatever you want with the sharpie. Then use the dropper to put drops of rubbing alcohol on the design. It will cause the ink to bleed. Blow on if for 30 sec. and continue on to the next spot. For larger designs we used our dinner plates. I am told the first time you wash it, to put it in a sink with water. If it does not bleed then you can put it in with the other clothes you have to wash in the washer. I think I will always wash them together on a small cycle after our test run in the sink. TTFN

No comments: