I have not blogged for a while because it takes so long to do it. I update a lot on facebook, but I know many of you do not facebook. It seems as though we have been really busy but I am sitting here drawing a blank. So I will randomly post what I think I would like to share. So here we go.
1. We ate all the pickles I canned with in 2 wks. I hate to say it, but I ate most of them. They are better than any pickle you can buy. Thus, last week I canned 7 more jars.
2. I got a new car!!! O yeah. Now that I don't have to tote around play yards, strollers and other stuff for small children, I can down size our family car. We went from our reliable gas guzzler (Dodge Durango) to a nice 32 MPG 08' Hyundai Sonata! Wow is it zippy! I love it!
3. Ward's old reliable 4x4 Toyota finally died. We bought an 88' Toyota 7 years ago, and that puppy just kept on keepin on. Anyway, Ward was able to get a 98' Dodge Dakota. We love it. Not only can we fit 6 people in it, but it is a V8. That means we can still tow a small camping trailer with it.
4. We just took our Hyundai on a road trip to Ontario Oregon to visit my Dad and Step Mom. We had a blast at the park. We made it all the way there on 1 tank of gas. Wow!!! This is so exciting to us since we have family in California, and the West side of Oregon.
5. I went to this awesome sale in PG for Shade. Everything you purchased was $3. Wow. it was a special 1 hr sale. I walked away with at least 7 shirts.
6. While shopping at Kmart, I found a cell phone wallet thing. It is a specific style that I have been looking for, for a very long time. It is really cool, it has two pockets that you can carry your cell phone in, and your id and what not in the other pocket. Then it also has a zipper for loose change. To top it off, you can clip it to your belt loops, or attach the small, thin strap and carry it over your shoulder. I have a friend who has one and I have been looking for one in every single store we go to. Viola it's at Kmart. I put it in my cart, and proceeded onward. Ok, so I have to go pee something fierce, so I park my cart in the hall way by the bathrooms. Now, everyone does this. As I am doing my thing, I hear some employees come out of the break area. I instantly think "I hope they don't take anything in my cart." ok I say self? Nobody is going to take anything. I come out and to my amazement there sits my cart with everything in it EXCEPT my really cool cell phone purse. Uggg! I was really upset. Of all the things in my cart they had to take that! There were only two on the shelf. As I quickly walked back to electronics I scanned the store to see if I could see who took it. I even followed some ladies to layaway. So I get the other one from the shelf and tell my self to let it go. It's no big deal. I end up over in the sock dept. as I turn the corner, what do you think I saw?? YES, YES a store employee with MY cell phone purse. I immediately said "Hey you took that from my cart!" The employee looked up in a bit of a fright and said " O, I am sorry, I have been looking for something to carry my cell phone in and this looked really cool." She then proceeds to tell me all about her adventures in looking for something. Ugg I seriously was not interested and told her I was not happy that she took that out of my cart. Finally she left admitting she was embarrassed. Yeah!!! duh!!! Stealing is not right. Maybe she thought it was a cart of returns. Nope I don't buy it not for a min she could hear someone in the bathroom and admitted going back to put it back in the cart, but "the cart was gone."
7. Construction, construction, construction. It surrounds us here in Utah these days. It takes me a quick 20 min to get to work, but on the way home?! No it's more like an hour! I hate it. Then just as soon as I get to SF. there is construction just off the freeway, and then in our very own little tiny neighborhood. One day I yelled at the workers because they would not let my kids cross to get to school. I since have made arrangements with my neighbor for car pooling.
7 1/2. We had an awesome visit from our friends from California. They came up for conference weekend. We had a short visit but a lot of fun. One of the highlights was when their son waltzed into our neighbors house thinking it was ours. LOL! The neighbor still laughs about it.
8. O the whoa's of life. with out them we do not know joy. I am hoping to post random pics. TTFN









No comments:
Post a Comment