Sunday, September 26, 2010

I've been canning!

Ok so here is the dead truth.  I HATE to cook and bake.  However, I LOVE to can.  I have not done it in a very long time.  In fact, I have only canned tomatoes on my own before.  Last summer I helped my friend do a few peaches and peach jam.  This summer my Mother-in-law gave me her water bath, and Ward's Aunt let me have all the peaches from her tree. So I took the opportunity to can.  Our family LOVES pickles.  So we decided to pickle cucumbers.  They turned out sooooo goood.  I canned 10 jars of misc pickled veggies, mostly cucumbers.  We only have 4 left and This all took place a week ago.
I had a ton of peaches!

Some of our peaches

Ward got really excited to pickle stuff.

We pickled tomatoes, They actually tastes yummy.

No comments: