Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Life Happens

Life has been sad for me this last week. Our Bishop's Daughter passed away from a 10 yr battle with cancer (she was 30, and a member of our Ward, and was the YW Sec.). I get that she is better off and that we all live and die and that we will see her again. I did not get the opportunity to get to know her well. I do know that she was an amazing person. She accomplished a lot in her lifetime. I mourned so so much for her Mother. Her Mother is an amazing women. I hold a special place for her in my heart. Even though we have lived in this ward for only 5 months, I have come to love her and look to her as an example.

Next, I am sad that all the opportunities I thought I had to be a CNA have fallen through. I can't decide if I want to spend more money, and time and go re-take the skills test. I have put out over 40 applications between Oct. and Nov. and have not had one call.

Finally, we were called to a calling, which I am not at liberty to speak of yet. For the first time ever I did not jump to the acceptance seat. I sort of unloaded on the poor Bishopric member who was meeting with us. Ward's jaw dropped to the ground and he was irritated at me enough that he did not speak to me for a bit (like 1 hr). After we got home (we had met just before sacrament mtg). I was able to explain to him why I said what I said. So for a few weeks we pondered and prayed. I remembered some of the words of my Patriarchal Blessing as well. Well, a few days ago, we met with the Bishopric member again. We happily accepted our new calling. Well, guess what? We have already received blessing in just the 2 short days that have passed. Also I should note that the Bishopric raked over a few other callings and kept coming back to this one. The Lord's will shall be done, not our own. :)

So even though it seems things have been gloomy, things are looking up and we all know that in order to know happiness we must know sorrow.

At this time of year we are focusing on our blessings. I am going to list a few of mine/ours:

1. The blessings we receive from being dedicated members of The Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints.

2. Our Family...when everyone else walks away...your family is always there standing firm.

3. Friends who love us as their true friends, who carry us along the road when we want to give up. Friends who love us for who we are even when we don't choose the right when we know we should.

4. Our beautiful children. although they give us a run for our money sometimes, they mean everything to us.

5. Both Ward and I have been able to stay fully employed during this economic mess.

I think I will stop there because honestly...I could really go on forever. Can we ever list everything we are blessed with. We are blessed with so much. TTFN!

1 comment:

Peggy Glasmann said...

It is times like these that I wished we all lived closer. Know that we love you so much. I know it has been a really hard couple of months. Your family is so important to us. I just want to hug all of you. Sara has been texting me over the holiday weekend and although I have been extremely busy, it has really brightened my day that she would text me. Love you honey!