Sunday, November 27, 2011

It's Official

We have a new calling. After going with out one (well for me at least) for well over a year, we were asked to teach PRIMARY! Really? I thought. I've been in Primary (except for the last 16 mo) for over 12 yrs. Now you can see why I did not jump into the acceptance seat right a way. After remember the paragraph in my Patriarchal Blessing about how I will "help to mold the lives of his children", and after much thought and prayer, and after having a family mtg. Ward and I happily accepted our new calling. So back on the Primary wagon we go.

We had a crazy busy weekend. My Dad and his wife came for the Thanksgiving holiday. We had a ton of visitors and 2 events going on each day. Well, except Thanksgiving Day. That was just one huge one. Friday we had a huge Mexican feast which my Brothers Girlfriend, her Sister and I made. It was so yummy. Then Friday night we took stuff for turkey sandwiches to the Hotel that my Dad and Jean were staying in and let the kids swim in the indoor pool. Sat. we had leftover Thanksgiving dinner, and Carne Esadas for lunch. Sat. night we went to Orem to visit my Cousin and her family. Sunday we slept in, and went to church. Phew....I am pooped. I was with out some of my meds this month, and I can really feel it. Now it will probably take me another month or so to get back to feeling great again.

Well, that was our Holiday in a nutshell! TTFN

3 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

It sounds like you had a busy but fun time. Holidays do wear you out but hey are worth it. I spent last Easter in the hospital. I am really tired after our Thanksgiving with our kids. I did too much and my ribs are yelling at me today.... but it is better than being down in bed. We are both so blessed to have family around us to do things with. Have a great week. Hugs, Lura

Grammy Staffy said...

p.s. Good luck with your new callings. Both Erin and Mindy work in primary. It seems that you have spent a lot of time there.... however, the Lord must feel that those little ones need you to touch their young hearts and help turn them to Him. I am sure that the children feel your sweet spirit and love you. Hugs, Lura

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new calling. I haven't spent much time in Primary over the years but it always looks like so much fun when I walk by the Primary Room. I think only the best people in the ward are called to work with the children and youth, so consider your new calling a huge compliment.

Sounds like you had a busy holiday weekend...now you can relax and enjoy the memories.