Sunday, December 30, 2012

Spiritual High

I had an amazing day at church today. I came home and announced that satin has been running our house the last 6 years and it is high time we change our ways, and get back to the spirit running our house. Our Bishopric spoke to us today in Sacrament mtg. Our Bishop asked us to recommit ourselves this new year. The talks were so amazing, I can hardly retell them. I fact, Ward was home sick. I told him he really missed out, and that I was on such a spiritual high that he'd have to wait till I had some quiet time to really re think and try to share with him. We had combined Priesthood and Relief Society. For those of you who are not LDS, we meet as a congregation, and then we go to Sunday school. After Sunday School, the women go to Relief Society, and the men go to Priesthood mtg. Today though, those two meetings were combined. we had a special speaker who was a Temple President in the Manti Utah Temple. All I can say is Wow. He was so insightful. He was a cute old man who made us laugh a lot but so so smart. I have to admit, I did pray before I got out of bed that I would be spiritually fed at church today. I am not going to lie....ever since I started working outside the home 5 years ago, sitting for 3 hr. at church is not my favorite thing to do sometimes. Sometimes when I feel down about going or maybe tempted to stay home, or sometimes if I have been to church several weeks in a row, things start to seem monotonous, I will pray to the Lord for the desire to go and to be the Daughter of God that I know I can be. Well let me tell you prayers are answered! Sometimes very, very quietly, sometimes very loudly. Today was loud, and I was filled with joy. TTFN!

1 comment:

Grammy Staffy said...

How nice that you had such a good experience at church today. I love it when I really feel inspired. I'm sick and missed church today like your Ward did. Too bad that he missed the talk. I'm glad that you were there to tell him about it.
Have a great week. Hugs, Lura