Thursday, March 6, 2008

He is home

Hello,

To my surprise Ward got to come home. I called him at lunch today and he told me he could come home. Thankfully my Jessica was here and was able to get him home for me. I was at work. He has to have injections of blood thinners twice a day for 5 more days. We have a friend who is a home health nurse and is willing to help us with that. Neither of us are excited about administering shots. The Dr. said the blood clots are very small and in the outer most lobes. Ward will be on coumidan for 6 months. He also can't get on his four wheeler or bicycle at all this summer. He was pretty bummed out about that. He will need to be careful to not get cut or any type of trauma. Thanks for all your love and support.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im so glad to hear that Ward is doing so well considering the circumstances! I think I would be very hesitant about giving shots too, its a good thing none of us here are diabetic!
He is in our prayers and we hope he has a speedy recovery